About Ben delanghe
Ben Delanghe joins the firm as Of Counsel to assist clients in marijuana business matters including complex commercial litigation, real estate disputes, construction disputes, and creditors’ rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben worked as litigation counsel for an AmLaw 100 firm and a top Denver litigation boutique where he represented private and publicly traded companies in franchise litigation, municipal land use planning disputes, commercial contract litigation and large financing/debt disputes.
Ben in is admitted to practice and handles cases in Colorado state and federal courts and numerous federal jurisdictions. He is also admitted to practice in his home province of Ontario, Canada, where nationwide marijuana legalization has recently taken effect.
Ben graduated 10th in his class from the University of Windsor (Canada) Law School in 2008 and after practicing for a few years in Toronto, went on to obtain his U.S. J.D. in 2011 from the University of Colorado (Boulder) School of Law. Mr. Delanghe was named a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers magazine in 2016 and 2018, an honor bestowed upon only 3.5% of qualifying attorneys in the state.
PUBLISHED ORDERS AND OPINIONS
- Martinez v. Hartford Underwriters Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 67635 (D. Colo. May 15, 2014); Martinez v. Hartford Underwriters Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 142195, 2014 WL 4968293 (D. Colo. Oct. 6, 2014).
- Woodstock v. Boyd, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34299 (D. Colo. Feb. 25, 2014); Woodstock v. Boyd, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34296 (D. Colo. Mar. 17, 2014).
- People v. Hoskin, 2016 CO 63, 380 P.3d 130, 2016 Colo. LEXIS 976 (Colo. 2016).
PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCE MATERIALS
- Swimming in the Titanic’s Wake: What Reactionary Regulation Means For Industry, presented at the Federation of Corporate Counsel (FDCC) Annual Meeting in Munich, Germany
- Jurisdiction and Forum Issues in Canada, presented at the 2010 Practising Law Institute International Litigation Conference in New York